Here's one of the best elementary spelling games for practicing color words. As your kids are racing to the finish, all along the way they'll be spelling those all-important color words. The rules are simple, and we supply the all the free printables your kids need to start playing.
Skill: Spelling color words
Grade Level: 1-2
Number of players: 2-4
1. Print and laminate the game board, game cards and answer key.
2. Cut the cards apart and place face down on the table. Place the answer key face down on the table.
3. All players put their markers on START. Players decide who goes first.
4. The first player draws a card and spells the color shown. Another player checks the answer key.
5. If the first player is correct, he moves forward to the first space with the same color. If his is not correct, he remains at START. He puts his color card face down at the bottom of the pile.
6. Players continue in turn drawing cards and spelling color words.
7. Players must draw a blue card to get to END. The first player to land on END wins the round.
Our collection of sight word games and activities are perfect for beginning readers.
What's Missing? - Try these games to build reading, spelling and memory skills!
Bingo Sight Word Games - Printable game cards are ready-to-go! From our sister site, www.Word-Game-World.com.
Roll It! - Easy-to-make spelling word games. Roll the consonants around the tube to spell new words. Great at home or at school.
and Hop to
It!- These simple, fun games will get your kids'
This Spelling Game Online is great for homonym practice. Kids just love to correct our mistakes!
Fifty-Fifty - Fun word game for kids. Older students earn points as they engage in word play and spelling fun.
Games - Try one of our new Silent Spelling Bee variations. A
quiet--twist on a classic game!
Try more elementary spelling games. You're sure to find some that your kids will love to play!
While you're here, we hope you'll check out more of our helpful resources, including:
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee! On Sale!
Monumental Spelling Bee Lists with definitions, sentences and language of origin
Colossal Spelling Bee Word Lists Definitions, parts of speech & sentences included for 600 words, at two levels
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences Our toughest list, for upper grades and adults!
The Gigantic Spelling Bee Words & Sentences in 3 volumes.
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!