have lots of free English worksheets, including this crossword that
provides great spelling and vocabulary practice.
Answers in this crossword begin with the letters EX. See clues and answers below the diagram. Note: If you solve this quickly, you should be EXceedingly happy. Others should EXTOL your talent and EXcellent abilities!
1. Careful noting of details
3. King Arthur's sword
5. Make more violent or severe
9. Do extremely well
11. Form a cavity or hole in something
13. Cause irritation or annoyance
15. Cry out in strong emotion
16. Investigate or look into
19. Enlarge beyond the truth
20. Elevate by praise21. Unremittingly severe in making demands
1. Mathematical symbol written to show the raising of a power
2. More than the usual, or proper, amount
4. Fine wood shavings used for packing
6. Easily roused into action or irritability
8. In Great Britain, the government department in charge of public revenues
9. An increase in size or scope
10. With the exclusion of
12. To give up something for something else
13. Serves as a pattern
14. Sudden noisy burst of energy
16. Passage from a book
17. Tax levied on certain commodities
18. To be greater than or superior to
(Yours may be slightly different)
Wacky packages! - Find the spelling errors on these whimsical boxes. One of our most popular pages!
Free Spelling Worksheets - Can You Spell Well?: If students correctly identify the misspelled words, they'll shade the page to reveal in interesting word.
Fill-in Crossword Puzzles: Practice tricky word endings in two fun puzzles. I've used important words from the fourth grade spelling word list.
Silent Letter Search: Word search fun! Students must add the correct silent letters and then locate the completed words in the puzzle.
Check out our AnyWord Book Series! Three eBooks of fun worksheets, games and partner activities that you can use with Any spelling words!
It Pay$ to $ Spell!: Combine math skills and spelling practice in these fun pages that you can use with any spelling words throughout the year.
Hard Word Search Puzzle and Mystery Scrambles: Two challenging worksheets to stretch spelling and vocabulary skills in upper grades.
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee! On Sale!
Monumental Spelling Bee Lists with definitions, sentences and language of origin
Colossal Spelling Bee Word Lists Definitions, parts of speech & sentences included for 600 words, at two levels
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences Our toughest lists, for upper grades and adults!
The Gigantic Spelling Bee Words & Sentences in 3 volumes.
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels