We have lots of free printable English worksheets, including this
This exercise provides great spelling and vocabulary practice for students in middle school and older. Each answer contains the letters ICE. Some of the words are super-easy. Others? Not so much!
Try to solve the clues, then check your answers below. Share the printable page with your students, friends and colleagues.
1. Once more than once __ __ I C E
2. You roll these in many games __ I C E
3. A selection __ __ __ I C E
4. Expensive __ __ I C E __
5. Person who helps another commit a crime __ __ __ __ __ __ __ I C E
6. Upper portion of a woman’s dress __ __ __ I C E
7. An opinion given as a guide to action __ __ __ I C E
8. Yellow discoloration of the skin __ __ __ __ __ I C E
9. Most pleasant __ I C E __ __
10. Used for speaking __ __ I C E
11. A crack that forms an opening __ __ __ __ I C E
12 An activity to make everyone feel at ease I C E __ __ __ __ __ __ __
13. Liquid extracted from fruit __ __ I C E
14. Law enforcement official __ __ __ I C E
15. An animal or object offered to a god __ __ __ __ __ __ I C E
16. A muscle in the upper arm __ I C E __ __
17. A fragrant seasoning __ __ __ __ __ I C E
18. Itemized bill for goods or services provided __ __ __ __ I C E
1. twice 2. dice 3. choice 4. pricey 5. accomplice 6. bodice 7. advice 8. jaundice 9. nicest 10. voice 11. crevice 12. icebreaker 13. juice 14. police 15. sacrifice 16. biceps 17. allspice 18. invoice
Here are more resources we think you'll enjoy. These are also suitable for middle school students and adults. Note we have lots more free printable English worksheet for vocabulary and spelling practice. Here are just a few:
"EX" Marks the Spot! Another vocabulary-building worksheet for upper-level students.
Antonym Antics - Challenging vocabulary worksheet for upper grades and adults!
Wacky Weather: Cryptic puzzle that requires kids to spell well and possibly stretch their own vocabulary. Also, tips for the teacher, parent or student for making more of these puzzle-y worksheets with any word list!
Puzzle Challenges: Tricky word search puzzle and word scramble games. Spelling worksheets disguised as word play!
A Fun Day: 1st grade reading and spelling worksheet - Give your students reading, writing and spelling practice with this individualized story. Grades 1-2
My New Job: Another reading and spelling worksheet for your students to individualize. What a fun way to gain language skills! Grades 1-2
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee! On Sale!
Monumental Spelling Bee Lists with definitions, sentences and language of origin
Colossal Spelling Bee Word Lists Definitions, parts of speech & sentences included for 600 words, at two levels
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences Our toughest list, for upper grades and adults!
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels