Try our list of
3rd grade spelling bee words for
your next classroom competition. This handy list of 100 words is the
foundation for a great spelling game. If you require additional words, check out some of these graded word lists.
Review these words carefully to be sure they are suitable for your students. Then print the words and start your spelling bee!
More than half of the words come from our list of 300 third grade
spelling words. The remaining words are more challenging. We've
arranged the words from easiest to most difficult.
2) Use these tips for How to Practice Spelling Words.
3) Encourage students to set goals for the number of words they want to learn each week. They should also set goals for the time they want to spend each day in study.
4) Kids should keep personal notebooks of the words they want to learn.
5) Be sure to use our 3rd grade spelling bee words in sentences when quizzing students. This is especially important with homonyms. For instance, you're, should be clarified so it won't be confused with your: You're the first person to arrive at the party.
6) Instruct students to look up each word in a dictionary, either online or hard copy. Show them how to read the most prominent definitions as well as the secondary meanings. Note carefully any tricky letters or letter combinations. Encourage them to write particularly difficult words ten times each in a special notebook. Remind them to review the words in their notebooks regularly.
3rd grade spelling words - 200 words that third graders learn because they will be using them this year! These words are used throughout my games, worksheets and activities. Your students will find them throughout their subject matter texts as well.
3rd Grade Vocabulary Words 200 words to boost your child's spoken and written language skills, arranged alphabetically! Print the complete list from the web page for best results. 100 of the words also appear in an engaging printable, arranged by helpful topics.
Tricky Elementary Spelling Words - Students in grades 2-5 sometimes need extra practice with these 100 commonly misspelled words. Use these frequently in homework and board work to strengthen your students' spelling skills.
Assign some third grade writing prompts! These writing prompts for 3rd grade ask: If you joined the circus, what act would you like to do? Do you like to wear matched socks? Why or why not? Why were you not afraid of the giant who walked into your classroom? Set contains 12 prompts in all. Each one uses at least one 3rd grade spelling word.
Need more words with sentences, rules, award certificates, and lots of organizational tips? Please consider purchasing our exclusive Spelling Bee Toolbox, for grades 3-5 and grades 6-8. Each one contains 600 grade-appropriate bee words, used in sentences, and all the resources you need for a successful spelling bee! Learn more.
NEW! Spelling Mugs! Reward your spelling bee winners or your hard-working spellers anytime with our own Spelling Words Well mugs or T-Shirts!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying sales.