Jump down the page to try to some fun, quick free brain teasers right now! Or scroll through this list of pages of longer brain teaser activities.
Our free brain teasers are just right folks of any age who want to start out with easy-to-solve puzzlers. They're just right for adults who want a quick challenge, or for younger students. They're also great for ESL students.
On this page, you'll find links to several pages of puzzlers, plus additional free samples. Be sure to read through the whole list! We also have more difficult Brain Teasers here.
2. Mystery Words - Printable worksheets, especially for kids. They'll need to carefully read the directions, use critical thinking skills and spelling skills to find the mystery words. Fun and challenging!
3. NEW! A Second Set of Mystery Words in a printable worksheet, especially good for 2nd and 3rd graders. Don't miss this opportunity to provide great practice in spelling and critical thinking skills!
4. Spelling Quiz Brain Teasers - These printable brain teasers require students to identify correctly/incorrectly spelled words, then match each quiz to the student who completed it. Logical fun!
5. Easy Brain Teaser Questions - Are they all really easy for you? More word play fun with lots of spelling topics. These quick questions are great to try to solve on your own. They're also fun to do with your family, students or co-workers. ESL students can enjoy these puzzlers, too.
6. Magic Word Squares - 7 printable word brain teasers. Kids will complete squares in which the same words are spelled in both directions.
7. Picture Puzzlers - 2 Printable brain teaser worksheets where knowing how to spell simple words is a must! In these reproducibles, students will solve clues to discover hidden words. They'll need to carefully read the clues and know the spellings for each picture.
8. Multiple-Meaning Jokes and Riddles - Light-hearted word fun! What a great way to practice language skills! To solve these riddles, you’ll need to use words that have more than one meaning. For example, a story can mean a legend or news account, or it can mean the level of a building. The first joke uses this word.
9. Hilarious Homonyms - More word play riddles featuring words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings. Examples are two/to/too and capital/capitol. These provide great practice with homophones for students, plus they'll learn some jokes to take home and explain to their families!
Our collection contains two types of brain teasers. First, we have some quick questions and answers,
like these. (Scroll down for answers.)
1. What words can you list that are spelled with an H as both the first and last letters?
2. If you were to list all the number words from 1 to 10 in alphabetical order, which one comes first? Which comes last?
3. What word is both an important part of the body and also a part of a book?
Secondly, we have printable teasers. Here's a fun one to get you started. Solve it here or get the printable version. Then read through the list above to find more fun, free brain teasers of both types.
Answers to The One that Slipped Away
Second Place Trivia - Can you name the second longest river, the second least densely populated country, and more? Try this challenging free crossword puzzle and find out!
Muddled Music Crossword - Sharpen your focus to solve this one! Replace one or two letters in each clue to spell a musical term.
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!