Students stand behind the last line of masking tape.
4. To begin the game, call out the first word for the first player on Team 1 to spell.
player spells the word correctly, she steps up to stand on
the first line of tape, and the entire team moves forward. If she does
not spell the word
correctly, she moves to the back of her team, and the team does not move forward.
6. Call out a word for Team 2 and continue in the same manner.
7. Each time a word is spelled correctly, the entire team moves forward one line.
8. The winning team is the first one to reach the last line of tape.
9. Play several rounds as time allows.
Use our basic spelling bee rules to run your next classroom spelling competition. We cover the basics in a concise list.
To conduct your own school spelling bee, consider using our Spelling Bee Toolboxes. They contain all the resources you need for a successful spelling bee!
You'll find teaching tips, word play puzzlers, and more. Please be sure to "like" us!
All the resources you need for a successful spelling bee! Lists of 600 words and sentences, rules, charts, awards and more.
Worksheets, games and activities to use with any spelling words. Three volumes in all!
Fun word play enrichment for upper grades and adults. All-new, original puzzles!