Our free brain teasers are just right folks of any age who want to start out with easy-to-solve puzzlers. They're just right for adults who want a quick challenge, or for younger students. They're also great for ESL students.
On this page, you'll find links to several pages of puzzlers, plus additional free samples. Be sure to read through the whole list! We also have more difficult Brain Teasers here.
2. Mystery Words - Printable worksheets, especially for kids. They'll need to carefully read the directions, use critical thinking skills and spelling skills to find the mystery words. Fun and challenging!
3. Spelling Quiz Brain Teasers - These printable brain teasers require students to identify correctly/incorrectly spelled words, then match each quiz to the student who completed it. Logical fun!
4. Easy Brain Teaser Questions - Are they all really easy for you? More word play fun with lots of spelling topics.
5. Magic Word Squares - 7 printable word brain teasers. Kids will complete squares in which the same words are spelled in both directions.
6. Picture Puzzlers - 2 Printable brain teaser worksheets where knowing how to spell simple words is a must!
7. Multiple-meaning jokes and riddles - Light-hearted word fun! What a great way to practice language skills!
8. Hilarious Homonyms - More word play riddles featuring words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings. Great practice for students!
Our collection contains two types of brain teasers. First, we have some quick questions and answers,
like these. (Scroll down for answers.)
1. What words can you list that are spelled with an H as both the first and last letters?
2. If you were to list all the number words from 1 to 10 in alphabetical order, which one comes first? Which comes last?
3. What word is both an important part of the body and also a part of a book?
Secondly, we have printable teasers. Here's a fun one to get you started. Solve it here or get the printable version. Then read through the list above to find more fun, free brain teasers of both types.
Answers to The One that Slipped Away
101 Word Play Puzzlers Build spelling and vocab skills in upper grade and adult students. Lots of fun for word-play fans!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee! On Sale!
2014-15 Colossal Spelling Bee Word Lists Definitions, parts of speech & sentences included for 600 words, at two levels
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences Our toughest list, for upper grades and adults!
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels