Use these fun brain teasers in your spare moments to give your kids a laugh...and some spelling and vocabulary practice, too! These teasers contain fun with double-meaning words and lots more.
Here's a peek at the printable version. The full text is shown below.
1. What can be right but never wrong?
2. What is a good thing to part with?
3. What part of a book do you sleep under?
4. If you were stuck in a room with only a bed and a calendar, what could you eat and drink?
5. Why is S a scary letter?
6. What is it that loses an eye and has nothing left but a nose?
7. Make one word from the letters in NEW DOOR.
8. Start with GUESS. Replace the two matching letters with the one letter that follows it in the alphabet. Replace the second vowel in the word with the first vowel in the alphabet. Replace the first two letters with WH. Spell the new word.
Find a word for each item that ends with the sound of tea.
Example: What tea should a dishonest person drink? HONESTY
9. What tea should race car drivers drink?
10. What tea should a professor drink?
11. What tea should tardy people drink?
12. What tea should a dentist drink?
Magic Word Squares - 7 printable easy word brain teasers.
Difficult Magic Word Squares - If the standard magic word square is not challenging enough for you, we think you'll love the ones on this page!
Picture Puzzlers - 2 Printable brain teaser worksheets where knowing how to spell simple words is a must!
Brain Teaser Questions and Answers - Quick word transformations, brainstorming and word play challenges
Hidden Words - Put your logic skills to the test on this entertaining word brain teaser. How long will it take you to discover three hidden words?
Travel Teaser - One of our most difficult logic brain teasers. Can you figure out who went where and when?
Find more Great Brain Teasers at Word-Game-World!
Think-a-Spell eBook: 365 Brain Teasers and Spelling Challenges for Ages 10 to Adult
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!
300 Spelling Bee Words by Grade Level, with definitions, sentences and languages
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee!
Mammoth Spelling Bee Word Lists with sentences, definitions, and languages
Monumental Spelling Bee Word Lists with definitions, sentences and languages
Young Spellers Spelling Bee Word List for Grades 1 & 2
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences My toughest lists, for upper grades and adults!
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels