Try these easy brain teasers for some fun spelling and vocabulary practice! These quick questions are great to try to solve on your own. They're also fun to do with your family, students or co-workers. ESL students can enjoy these puzzlers, too.
See our suggestions for using these
questions at the bottom of the page.
1. List 4 or more words that contain both a G and a J.
2. Supply the first and last letters for these words:
A)_ retze _ B) _eagu_ C) _ ileag _
3. List 4 or more words spelled with four letters that contain only one consonant.
4. When the correctly-spelled words on this list are written in alphabetical order, which word is in the middle?
friend, foriegn, experience, familar, excelent, faverite, finally, excitment
5. Find the pattern in this list of words and add two more words.
domes, dimes, dikes, likes, …
6. Can you find an
unusual fact about this arrangement of 6 words? (Hint: It will be
draw one line.)
7. Find the pattern in this list of words and add two more words.
row, stew, dough, blue, sew, do, …
8. Spell at least 3 words that contain ff.
9. Unscramble these 3 related words.
A) apreg B) naanba C) granoe
10. List 2 or more words that are spelled with nn.
with Answers - 12 more quick thinking questions
Mystery Words - Two fun-to-solve puzzlers in which kids uncover a secret word
Picture Puzzler and Letter Logic - Two work sheets of spelling and logic fun!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!