Although we're calling these adult brain teasers, upper grade students will be able to solve them, too, as long as they have good reading, comprehension, and spelling skills!We recommend you use the printable version of this one so you can use paper, pencil, and an eraser, if needed. Will you be able to get the right answer the first time?
Carefully read the directions in each line to make changes in the previous set of letters. Write the new letters in the blank on the printable version after each instruction. The first two are completed for you.
vowel from the left to E.
4. Omit the
letters, in order, that spell MESS.
5. Insert CABBAGE after the 1st vowel.
6. Change the 2nd I to A.7. Move the first vowel so that is directly to the right
8. If mischieveous is
spelled correctly, omit the first
9. Change the G to V.10. Switch the places of the 2nd consonant and the
12. Switch the order of the 1st and 2nd
13. If your letters now form a correctly-spelled word, use the word in the sentence below. If not, review the directions to find any possible errors.
Solving this brain teaser is not IMPOSSIBLE. It is _______________________ !