Printable crossword puzzles for kids add a spark of fun to routine classroom or at-home learning activities. After your child has completed this one, be sure to check out more from our growing collection!
Lots of important words contain silent letters. This puzzle features just a few of them. On the printable page, write the missing letter in the blank in each clue. Then write the entire word with the silent letter in the puzzle.
1. I ate only one ha_f of my apple.
2. I will invite t_o friends to my party.
4. A stop si_n is red.
5. I like to _rite letters to my uncle.
7. I cut my _nee when I fell on the ground.
8. If you lis_en carefully, you can hear the rain.
10. I like to draw on the board with colored cha_k.
11. How far up the tree can you clim_?
12. The young lam_ stayed close to the rest of the sheep.
1. We will to the park in one _our.
3. We need to turn ri_ _ t at the corner.
6. I want to ta_k to you after school.
7. I am glad that I _now you!
9. The sidewa_k was covered with snow.
10. Cou_d you come over to my house today?
11. I will wash my brush and com__.
You may also enjoy these printable crossword puzzles for kids, suitable for early learners and ESL students:
Scrambled Animals - This puzzle is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Simple unscramble each animal word and write it in the crossword.
Find the Misspellings - How quickly can you find the misspelled word and write it correctly in the crossword diagram?
Antonyms Crossword - Would you rather have a sunny day or a cloudy day? If you know antonyms (opposites) like these, you'll have no trouble with this easy kids' crossword.
Homophone Crossword - It won't be too/two hard to write/right the correct answers in the puzzle, will it?
...visit my other site, www.word-game-world.com. You'll find these, and more!
U.S. Holidays and Observances There's so much to celebrate! Check your knowledge of lots of special days, anytime of year. Even if you're not an American, you'll probably know most of these.
Rhyme Time Crossword Puzzle Here's a fun crossword for young children to enjoy as they complete the sentences with words that rhyme.
Disney Crossword Puzzles One
of our most popular kids' printable crossword puzzles! Supply the names
of some major characters from several Walt Disney stories and movies.