brain teaser riddles are a fun way to understand and practice homophones.
that homophones are words
that have the same sound but different spellings and meanings, such as
Have fun answering these riddles. Some are old, some are new. How many can you solve?
1. Why did the bread have
2. What kind of fruit grows on power lines?
3. Why is homework like the water on the lawn in the morning?
4. What cake do baseball players like best?
5. How can you make an apple into another fruit?
6. Why couldn’t the pony talk?
7. How do you catch a fairy?
8. How do you paint a rabbit?
With hare(hair) spray.
9. What advice did one give bee
give to another bee?
10. What’s the scariest lake in which to swim?
11. What vegetable is essential to good music?
12. What’s a chicken’s favorite thing to do at a basketball game?
If you have more homophone riddles, we'd love to see them! Please contact us and we'll pass them along.
Why not try some of these assortments of fun brain teaser questions? Each one is also available in printable form.
Brain Teaser Questions and Answers - Quick word transformations, brainstorming and word play challenges
Travel Teaser - One of our most difficult logic brain teasers. Can you figure out who went where and when?
An Impossible Brain Teaser? - Sure, the directions are tricky, but adults and upper grade students can solve this the first time, right?
Difficult Magic Word Squares - If the standard magic word square is not challenging enough for you, we think you'll love the ones on this page!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Spelling Bee Toolboxes for Grades 3/5 and 6/8 All the resources you need for a successful bee! On Sale!
Monumental Spelling Bee Lists with definitions, sentences and language of origin
Colossal Spelling Bee Word Lists Definitions, parts of speech & sentences included for 600 words, at two levels
100 Difficult Spelling Bee Words, Definitions & Sentences Our toughest list, for upper grades and adults!
600 Spelling Bee Words & Sentences for Gr 3/5 & 6/8 Extra words & sentences at two levels
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!