This new collection of fifth grade writing prompts will give you some fun ideas to boost your students' creativity AND writing skills!
If you don't require the illustrated printable page, here is the text from this set of writing prompts:
1. You were actually surprised this year on your birthday. What happened?
2. You decide to make a bar graph of some important information to share online. What is the information, and why do you want to post it?
3. What kind of business could you start with your best friend? How would you work together to run this business?
4. You’ve been chosen to represent your school in a statewide magic show. Your best act
features a frog. Describe your act.
5. What are three most necessary qualities for success in school, and why?
6. Invent a new word that has at least five syllables. Give its definition, and use it in three different sentences.
7. Explain how you could figure how many grains of sand fit inside a teaspoon.
8. It’s Different Day at school. You have different teachers, different classes and different friends. What will you miss the most?
9. Suppose there was nothing at all on your family’s schedule for an entire week. What activities could you propose that everyone would enjoy? Why do you think these would be good choices?
10. You decide to increase the amount of time you spend exercising. What activities will you most want to try? Why?
11. Here is an equation that makes no sense: Purple + Zinnias = Spaghetti. Write another senseless word equation and try to explain it.
12. Your dog has picked up an unusual scent. He sniffed it in the kitchen, in the living room, in the basement, and on the street in front of your house. What is the source of the scent? What does your dog do when he finds that source?
AnyWord Writing Prompts - Here's a fun collection of original writing prompts that is perfect for middle grade students. They're also a simple way to provide some extra spelling practice! See these Creative Writing Worksheets which are sample pages from this eBook.