These writing prompts for 5th grade will spark lots of creative ideas in your students, and you'll also be providing some fun ways to practice fifth grade spelling words. (Just a bit sneaky, right?!)
If you don't require the illustrated printable page, here is the text from this set of writing prompts:
1. Your bedroom is suddenly floating on an island made of chocolate. What should you do first, and why?
2. What are you most looking forward to about being in eighth grade? Why?
3. This morning, you squeezed the tube of toothpaste, but something else came out. What was it, and what happened?
4. What is good name for a new rhythm instrument? How is it played? Write a short description for a brochure advertising your new instrument.
5. A mouse sneaks quietly into the principal’s office late at night. What happens in the morning?
6. On your way to the amusement park, you suddenly see a different place you’d rather visit. What is it? Why do you want to go there?
7. Women are waiting. Women are wistfully waiting. Women are wistfully waiting while… Finish the sentence using as many W words as possible.
8. Imagine a snail had an abundant amount of energy. What could it accomplish in one day?
9. There’s a huge traffic jam in front of your house. Reporters from all the local television and radio stations are outside your house. Why?
10. It’s your turn to give a speech in English class, but your stomach will not quit growling. What will you do?
11. Give three reasons why your best friend might be too hoarse to speak to you today.
12. You are called to the White House to receive a special award. What did you do to earn it?
AnyWord Writing Prompts - Here's a fun collection of original writing prompts that is perfect for middle grade students. They're also a simple way to provide some extra spelling practice! See these Creative Writing Worksheets which are sample pages from this eBook.