This assortment of fourth grade writing prompts will spark some great ideas and fun writing samples. Kids will write about exploring a new planet, repairing damage from a book work, and many more things. They'll also
If you don't require the illustrated printable page, here is the text from this set of writing prompts:
1. You look out the kitchen window, and are surprised to see a camel looking back at you. What do you do? What does the camel do?
2. What are three good questions to ask when you are trying to get to know someone?
3. Bubbles are floating throughout your school. How did they get there? When and how will the bubbles stop?
4. Your little brother seems to know how to disappear and then quickly reappear when he is needed. How does he do this? Will he teach you to do this, too?
5. This bookworm is eating its way through every book in your library! How will you fix all the holes in all the books?
6. You need to decide if you are going on a weekend trip to the mountains with your friend’s family. Why do you want to go? Why do you not want to go?
7. Suppose you had eighty pairs of shoes. What would you do with them?
8. What’s better, soccer or tennis? Why?
9. In your opinion, what is the world’s most beautiful animal? Describe this animal and tell why you chose it.
10. A new planet has just been discovered, and you have been chosen to visit it. What do you see when you get there?
11. Why are your crayons magic, and what kinds of pictures do you draw with them?
12. A squirrel is studying a big book under your oak tree. What is he reading, and why?
AnyWord Writing Prompts - Here's a fun collection of original writing prompts that is perfect for middle grade students. They're also a simple way to provide some extra spelling practice! See these Creative Writing Worksheets which are sample pages from this eBook.