Kids will love to learn as they complete our alphabet phonics booklet! This easy-to-assemble A to Z phonics activity can be customized by each child.
This is a great activity to complete at home or at school. Follow our step-by-step instructions for a great finished project!
Here are two sample pages from the booklet. You may view all of the pages by opening the printable file. See the directions below.
1) Print a cover
on construction paper for each student.
Ask each child to complete the cover by adding his name and date. You
may also want to ask students to write all the letters of the alphabet
around the outside border of the cover.
2) Print a set of alphabet pages for each student.
3) Give each child a half page, whole page or several pages, as you like.
4) For each letter, the child will:
5) When the
child has completed all the letters from A to Z, trim all
of the half-pages to the same size. Keep the width of the pages as they
are, but trim the tops and bottoms as desired.
6) Carefully punch two holes in the wide left margins of the cover and pages. Be sure your pages are aligned. String the pages together, with the cover, with a long ribbon or string. Tie the ribbon on the front of the booklet securely.
7) Encourage the child to review the booklet often, saying the names and sounds of each letter, and the names of objects on each page.
Alphabet Phonics Poem - A
great companion activity to the Alphabet Phonics booklet above. Kids will hear about
some funny events while practicing letter sounds.
Tic-Tac-Toe and What's Right? - Two very easy-to-implement ways to practice primary phonics skills
Letter Lane - A phonemic awareness board game that features beginning consonant sounds for the letters b,d,f and m. No reading is necessary.
Phonics Flash Cards - A free printable set for the entire alphabet