Don't be tied to your device. Use our easy crossword puzzles printable for your convenience -- at home or in the classroom! This one features some interesting double letter words.
You’ll be seeing lots of double letters as you solve this crossword. In fact, each answer has two pairs of double letters! Answers include plants, animals, locations, and a few proper nouns. You’ll also find a few spelling demons along the way.
So sharpen you vision, pour yourself some coffee or cappuccino, and dive right in!
2. Having the power to review the decisions of a lower court
5. Long, loose-fitting dress, often brightly colored
7. Long-legged wading bird with long, flat bill
8. A clip or bar used for holding a girl’s or woman’s hair in place
9. An edible, acidic, round fruit that is sometimes prickly
11. A bag of tough, light material that can be filled with air or heated gas so it will rise and float, often used as a toy or decoration
12. To have as property
13. A group of persons designated to investigate, report on or act upon a specific matter
16. A plant-eating insect with long hind legs used for leaping
18. A game known as soccer in the U.S., but by this name in Europe
20. A container to spit into
21. Popular tape for music recordings, prior to CDs
23. To make uncomfortably self-conscious
25. Rumor, gossip
28. A river in Myanmar (Burma)
30. A North American bird with two black bands on its white breast
33. In music, a tempo that is not as fast as allegro
34. A non-essential item that adds beauty or convenience to something else
36. Person who clowns around by telling jokes, making odd gestures, etc.
37. Part of Los Angeles, CA; center of the American film industry
38. To pamper or overprotect
39. To keep from being known
1. A type of large kangaroo with a reddish-gray coat
3. To find out or decide the importance, size or value of something
4. A globe-shaped fungi that gives off a cloud of spores when touched
6. A large pad on which to sleep
10. An Australian bird having a loud cry that sounds like laughter
11. A kind of fragile Irish porcelain
14. Medium-sized sofa with arms and a back
15. A mark on the body, made by using a needle to put pigment under the skin
17. Directions for the delivery of mail
19. Something that happens; an event
22. A nocturnal bird with a loud repeated call that sounds like its name
24. October 31
26. A round, iron missile, designed to be fired from a certain large mounted gun
27. Both pleasant and painful
29. A city in SW Tennessee
31. A small gray mammal with black mask
32. A person who sings ballads
35. The accomplishment of one’s goals
Watermelon Words - Every answer to this fun crossword is spelled using the letters in WATERMELON. (You'll be surprised at how many words are possible.) A juicy challenge, for sure!
Why not try this puzzle next, featuring Double Z words? Will you be puzzled or dazzled by this fun kids crossword?
Find the Misspellings Crossword Kids love to find mistakes! To complete this page, they'll need to find one misspelled word in each sentence and write it correctly in the puzzle.
Antonyms Crossword - Would you rather have a sunny day or a cloudy day? If you know antonyms (opposites) like these, you'll have no trouble with this easy kids' crossword.
Homophone Crossword - It won't be too/two hard to write/right the correct answers in the puzzle, will it?
I've written lots of entertaining, educational and easy crossword puzzles for my other site, word-game-world.com. Topics range from colors to calendars to capital cities. Here are just two of my favorites for you to try:
Let's Eat! Can you can figure out the clues to some of these common foods?
What's the Scoop? A cool, yummy puzzle, all about ice cream! Just unscramble the names of the most popular ice cream flavors and place them in the puzzle.
101 Word Play Puzzlers Discover the FUN of letters & words as you solve each unique puzzle. Great vocabulary & spelling practice!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!