Our homeschool worksheets are thoughtfully created, with you in mind! Use these fun creative writing prompts for some fascinating responses from your home school students. Many of these are appropriate for a wide range of ages.
Here's a peek at the printable page. The full text also appears below for your convenience.
1. If you could
attend homeschool anywhere on the planet, where would it be? Why? How would
this location affect your learning?
2. Imagine that you’ve just been told by your parents
that your homeschool is ending. In fact, you’re going to attend a huge public
school tomorrow. How do you feel?
What questions do you have?
3. Suppose your usual teacher is unavailable to teach for
a week. You are allowed to choose any adult that you know to be your teacher.
Which adult would you choose? Why?
4. It’s “Backwards Day” at your homeschool. List three things that you would like to do backwards, and explain your choices.
5. Suppose you’ve been given $100 to spend on your homeschool supplies. What would you like to buy? Why? Where would you buy it?
6. You’ve been assigned to teach any topic you like
tomorrow for ten visiting friends. What would you most like to teach, and why?
7. Write a letter to your favorite scientist, thanking him/her for his/her contribution to the world.
8. The answer to the bonus question on your science test is CROCODILE. What was the question? List at least six possibilities.
9. When your graduation day finally arrives, what will
you be thinking about? What will you look forward to? What will you miss the
most about homeschooling?
10. Suppose you become a famous writer someday. What
homeschool experience best prepared you for this career? Be specific about what
it was and how it prepared you.
Non-fiction Writing Prompts for Homeschoolers - Here's another set on a more serious side. Challenge your homeschoolers to evaluate, consider and dream about all sorts of things related to their education.
Creative Writing Worksheets - These fun pages incorporate spelling practice with almost any spelling words. Kids will design T-shirts, invent a video game, and write some awesome movie titles. Try some today!
8th Grade Worksheet featuring an ARMADILLO! Students must form a word for each clue using only the letters in ARMADILLO, then place the words correctly into the diagram. Great vocab and spelling practice!
It's a Disaster! - Hilarious spelling and grammar worksheet that provides practice with past participle verbs. Students will enjoy working through each sentence to read the surprise ending.
You'll find LOADS of spelling worksheets here at Spelling-Words-Well. Here are some of our worksheet general categories:
Homeschoolers, please come back often to find the newest spelling word games, worksheets, word lists and fun activities. You're always welcome here!