Use our free preschool activities for fun and learning! The activities
on this page can be used at home or in a classroom. You can use them again and again, because there are lots of ways to vary them.
Here's a great activity to do with your preschooler as you're riding in the car or working together around the house.
Skills: Beginning consonant sounds, listening
1. Name two items in sight. Pronounce the names of the items.
2. Say to your child, "I see a sock and a toy. Which one starts with an s?"
3. Repeat many more times. When your child gives the correct answer, give her lots of compliments. When she makes a mistake, explain why it is wrong. If necessary, review just a few consonants with her and choose items with only those sounds.
Practice the order of letters in the alphabet, learn the first letters
of common objects
1. Begin with 3 items that all begin with a different letter of the alphabet.
2. Say the names of the objects together with the child.
3. Ask your
child to arrange the
items in alphabetical
Examples of items to use from around the house:
4. If your child gets the correct answer, shower him with praise! If he does not, help him find the right answer.
5. Gradually increase the number of objects.
Love the Letters!
- Three free preschool activities for partners using any sight words. Your kids will love playing with letters and learning more words!
Tic-Tac-Toe Sight Word Game - A simple, fun format that kids can use over and over with any sight words.
Beginning sounds game
to play on the computer. Children must identify the first letter of a variety of common objects.
This ABC phonics poem is a great way to work on beginning sounds. One of my personal, fun favorites! See an alligator who ate an apple and a ladybug that can lift a log.
Preschool Phonics Games - 3 simple adaptations of familiar
formats with a phonics twist. Teach you favorite preschooler how to play
I Spy, Hide & Seek and I'm Going on a Trip...while they learn a
A Pickle or a Tickle and Stand Up, Sit Down: Two fun preschool games for children! Your students will need to listen carefully to initial consonant sounds as they play these entertaining games.
Don't miss these Phonics Activities, Games and Worksheets!
Think-a-Spell eBook: 365 Brain Teasers and Spelling Challenges for Ages 10 to Adult
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!