Use these middle school writing prompts to bolster your students' interest in writing. These thought-provoking prompts are sure to spur some original, creative responses!
If you don't require the illustrated printable page, here is the text from this set of middle school writing prompts:
1. When might it be advantageous to be late for school?
2. Of what achievement are you the most proud? Why?
3. If you could travel anywhere around the world, what souvenir would you like to buy?
4. Describe a situation in which perseverance is required.
5. Write ten sentences about things a meticulous person might do.
6. Would you like to have an identical twin? Why or why not?
7. What is the most bizarre thing that has even happened to you?
8. Suppose that instead of making quick decisions, you often vacillate between two options. Think of a system that could help you make good decisions. Describe the system.
9. Why would a pedestrian walk halfway across the street, stop, turn around and go back? List three different reasons.
10. Write one paragraph about a mischievous cat.
11. It’s your birthday, and your friends are throwing
some unusual confetti. What is the confetti
made from? Why did your friends do this?
12. Your friend has never been to an amusement park. What rides do you recommend that he try? Which ones should he avoid? Why?
7th grade spelling and vocabulary boosters: Ideas to boost unmotivated students of any middle school grade, all through the year.
8th grade vocabulary and spelling idea: Flexible activity to use with the whole class, all through the year. Works well with all upper grades and any word list.
9th grade worksheets: You can use 9th grade worksheets to give your students practice with spelling and vocabulary skills. I'm a big fan of word play, puzzles and brain teasers. You'll find two examples here.
AnyWord Writing Prompts - Here's a fun collection of original writing prompts that is perfect for middle grade students. They're also a simple way to provide some extra spelling practice! See these Creative Writing Worksheets which are sample pages from this eBook.