Try some new 1st grade writing prompts to get your early learners on the right track for writing! These interesting scenarios include realistic and make-believe events. Fun clip art makes the prompts come alive!
See my suggestions below for using these prompts. Make sure students understand that some of these prompts are about pretend situations, such as #1, 5, 8 and others on this page.
1. What would you like to ask this green frog?
2. Name the four animals you like the best.
3. Would you like to climb a tall tree? Why or why not?
4. What can you wear on your hand?
5. Suppose you rode on a magic bus. Where would like to you go?
6. What can you say to someone who is sad to make them feel better?
7. Is the sky always blue? Why or why not?
8. What would happen if one of your toys came to life? Write two sentences.
9. What do you like about first grade?
10. What is a good name for this brown dog? Write two sentences about him.
11. Name two things that you own but you do not need.
12. What job would you like to have someday?
Try these 2nd grade writing prompts, too!
Set #1 - What will a lion say to a mouse? What's in the hole in your yard? What will you do about the panda in your pool? Assign these second grade writing prompts to your students and learn what they think!
Set #2 - What does your pet lizard like to read? When should you NOT give your teacher a big red apple? What should always do in the morning? Your early learners will love these 2nd grade writing prompts!
Literacy Worksheets for Early Learners: 3 fun reproducibles your kids can customize. Simple kindergarten or first grade writing prompts!
Worksheets for 1st Grade: 2 fun spelling practice pages! Students will practice initial consonants and visual discrimination.