This fun, easy crossword puzzle provides a great way to give your young students practice with important sight words. Students will read, write and spell simple sight words in context. You can sit together at the computer to solve, but for best results, use the printable version.
Instructions on the printable page: Write one word from the word box in each sentence. Write the word again in the puzzle.
after, again, could, every, from, know, open, put, some, stop, walk, where
1. Do you ride a bus or ___________ to school?
4. We will go to the store ___________ school.
6. I walk my dog ___________ day.
7. I ____________ you will do a good job!
9. Let's eat ________________ apples.
10. I ______________ help you rake the leaves.
1. I do not know ______________ you live.
2. I hope we can go to the beach _________ soon.
3. Please ___________ your book on the table.
5. Ellie got a card ____________ her mom.
8. I like to _____________ my mail.
9. Always ____________ and look before you cross the street.
You may also enjoy these easy crosswords, suitable for early learners and ESL students:
Silence, Please! - Kids supply the missing silent letters in frequently-used words. Fun spelling practice!
Homophone Crossword - It won't be too/two hard to write/right the correct answers in the puzzle, will it?
puzzles - Students will love solving these puzzles using 1st grade spelling words!
Scrambled Animals - This puzzle is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Simple unscramble each animal word and write it in the crossword.
Find the Misspellings - How quickly can you find the misspelled word and write it correctly in the crossword diagram?
...visit my other site, www.word-game-world.com. You'll find these, and more!
Road Signs - Follow the signs for a fun, easy crossword puzzle. Simply supply the message shown on the sign. Quick and simple for kids and adults alike!
Disney Crossword Puzzles One
of our most popular kids' printable crossword puzzles! Supply the names
of some major characters from several Walt Disney stories and movies.
U.S. Holidays and Observances There's so much to celebrate! Check your knowledge of lots of special days, anytime of year. Even if you're not an American, you'll probably know most of these.
You can find LOTS of Sight Word games here.
Think-a-Spell eBook: 365 Brain Teasers and Spelling Challenges for Ages 10 to Adult
AnyWord Spelling Practice Series Worksheets, games & prompts that work with almost ANY spelling words!
Fun Spelling Worksheets for Grades 1/2 50 All-new reproducible pages for early learners!