Our 5th grade worksheets provide fun spelling practice. Switch up your usual spelling routine and add several of our spelling word games and worksheets!
Here's a peek at the printable page for this fun, educational worksheet. The complete text also appears below.
Some of the sentences below have spelling errors, and some do not. Find each misspelled word and write it correctly. (Blanks are provided on the printable page.)
1. Sal and I needed to buy new shoes because niether of us owned a decent pair.
2. We each chose one new pair from two seperate shops.
3. Sal bought some new sneakers, and I bought some brown leather dress shoes.
4. When we got home, Sal really liked his shoes, but mine
were too slippry on the bottom.
5. I decided to return my shoes, but I did not have a reciept.
6. I could not get my money back, but I was allowed to exchange my shoes for another pair.
7. I didn’t find another suitible pair that fit me.
8. However, Sal found a grate pair of shoes that for himself.
9. They were rugged, brown cowboy boots, just like the ones worn by our favrite country singer.
10. Since I found nothing for myself, Sal used the credit for the shoes I had returned.
11. Consequently, Sal had too new pairs of shoes and I had none.
12. I told Sal that tomorow, he could buy me two new pairs of jeans!
New! A Snowy Situation - Give students valuable spelling AND vocabulary practice with this engaging worksheet.
"Fish Net" and "Intersecting Synonyms" provide fun spelling practice with almost any spelling word!
Double Duty - It seems that everyone LEAVES when it's time to rake the LEAVES. Students will complete eighteen challenging sentences by choosing the correct multiple-meaning word.
Proceed with Caution! - Students need great spelling skills AND they need to carefully read and follow directions to successfully complete this fun page!
Croaky Meets the Plumber and Extra Letters The first page features a crazy story about a frog and a plumber. The second worksheet has a puzzle-y twist. Both worksheets use words from our list of 300 sixth grade spelling words.
Wacky packages! - Students love to find others' mistakes, right? They'll enjoy finding the spelling errors on two whimsical boxes. There's a wacky board game and a package of waffles you don't want to eat! It's one of my favorite 5th grade worksheets.
We have lots of brain teasers for kids of all ages that offer unique, fun ways to practice spelling.
Check out our AnyWord Book Series! Three eBooks of fun worksheets, games and partner activities that you can use with Any Spelling Words!
In addition to 5th grade worksheets, you may also be interested in:
Spelling Bee Resources - If you're planning a spelling bee competition, you won't want to miss our vast assortment of spelling bee aids!
50 Sets of Confusing Homonyms - Defined, explained and used in sentences. It's a great boost for your 5th grade vocabulary lessons.
Spelling Word Lists - Lots of lists for students in grades 1-9, as well as difficult words for upper grades and adults, all at your fingertips!