Our 5th grade vocabulary worksheets feature interesting formats and stories, and they also have built-in spelling practice. What could be better?
Here's a peek at the printable page for this fun, educational worksheet. The complete text also appears below.
Choose the correctly-spelled word in each pair. Then place it in the sentence where it makes the most sense.
1. While we were on the highway, we spotted a very __________________ driver.
2. He was weaving between lanes, using ______________ turn signals as
3. To make matters worse, we were driving in a ___________.
4. It was _____________ that the safety of many travelers was at risk.
5. Mom was a very ______________ motorist, and we were reassured by her careful
6. She calmly __________________ through the
blowing snow and slippery roads.
7. __________________, we noticed that a police officer had pulled over the dangerous driver.
8. We were reassured that he would not _________________ any other
drivers or passengers.
9. As we moved _________________ in the icy, frigid weather,
we were eager to get to our destination.
10. Weary and a bit ____________________, we finally
arrived at my grandparents’ home.
11. Grandpa and Grandma were marking an incredible _________________, their 40th wedding anniversary.
12. Instead of celebrating with punch and cake as they had done at their wedding, we were happy to share an ________________ pot of hot chocolate!
Shoe Shenanigans - More great practice in identifying and correcting misspelled 5th grade spelling words in this story about shopping for shoes!
"Fish Net" and "Intersecting Synonyms" provide fun spelling practice with almost any spelling word!
Double Duty - It seems that everyone LEAVES when it's time to rake the LEAVES. Students will complete eighteen challenging sentences by choosing the correct multiple-meaning word.
Proceed with Caution! - Students need great spelling skills AND they need to carefully read and follow directions to successfully complete this fun page!
Assembly Job - A fun vocabulary page in which students must use all the word parts to form exactly the right number of words, and then use some of the words in sentences.
Croaky Meets the Plumber and Extra Letters The first page features a crazy story about a frog and a plumber. The second worksheet has a puzzle-y twist. Both worksheets use words from our list of 300 sixth grade spelling words.
Wacky packages! - Students love to find others' mistakes, right? They'll enjoy finding the spelling errors on two whimsical boxes. There's a wacky board game and a package of waffles you don't want to eat!
Check out our AnyWord Book Series! Three eBooks of fun worksheets, games and partner activities that you can use with Any Spelling Words! They'll boost your students' 5th grade vocabulary skills.
In addition to 5th grade worksheets, you may also be interested in:
50 Sets of Confusing Homonyms - Defined, explained and used in sentences. It's a great boost for your 5th grade vocabulary lessons.
Spelling Word Lists - Lots of lists for students in grades 1-9, as well as difficult words for upper grades and adults, all at your fingertips!