It's great when 1st grade reading worksheets can offer extra practice in spelling and writing skills, too. These worksheets do just that!
Whether you're a teacher or a parent, you can provide your youngsters with solid skill-building while they have fun!
You'll need to help the students with the directions the first time they complete the page.
1. Give the student the word list on the top half of the worksheet. Ask him to spell any word that fits the category.
2. Give the student the bottom half, or the story. Ask him to copy each word from his word list into the matching blank in the story.
3. Then ask the student to read his story to himself.
4. Finally, ask the student to read his story to you! If you're working with a large group of students, you may have to spread out the sharing time over the course of the day or week.
can find another page with a similar format on this
first grade reading worksheet.
Word family 1st grade worksheets - Worksheet and booklet templates so your 1st graders can practice any word family anytime!
First grade phonics worksheets - 5 free printables provide practice with simple short vowel words.
Free Phonics Worksheets - These free 1st grade reading worksheets will grab
students' attention and provide important practice with phonics skills.
See our entire collection of Phonics Games & Activities. You're sure to find something just right for the skills your kids need to practice!
- A phomenic awareness board game that features beginning consonant
sounds for the letters b,d,f and m. No reading is necessary.
Picture This Phonic Game - We think your early learners will enjoy this activity featuring short vowel words. Which player can cover the most pictures?
Make sure your students practice words from all of these lists: