If you're looking for an online spelling bee game, I think you're going to love this one! You'll have to know how to correctly spell a lot of challenging words to score well. Try it on your own or compete with a friend to see who gets the higher score.
Note: This is a great exercise to complete before your next spelling bee competition.
To play this game, first carefully read each set of words. Select the ONE word that is spelled INCORRECTLY. Then try to spell that word correctly. Finally, check your answer and figure out your score.
To Score: Give yourself 1 point for correctly identifying the misspelled word. Give yourself 2 more points for spelling it correctly.
1. raccoon, giraffe, opposum
2. brocolli, cauliflower, zucchini
3. raspberry, blackcurrent, coconut
4. referee, athletic, badmitton
5. canoeing, kayakking, wrestling
6. geneology, ancestor, inheritance
7. linear, algorythm, parallel
8. accomplice, defendent, acquittal
9. amateur, chartreuse, connoiseur
10. truely, affectionately, cordially
11. amnesia, asthma, dimentia
12. accomodate, occasional, corroborate
13. renaisance, renovate, renegade
14. omniscient, unconscious, conscientous
15. picturesque, silioquy, quixotic
Give yourself 1 point for each incorrect word that you identified. Give yourself 2 more points for each of those words that you spelled correctly. Find your ranking:
Here's another spelling bee quiz that works the same way.
If you're looking for a different twist on the conventional spelling bee, try one of these fun new games. They provide a good way to practice spelling words, which is the whole point, right?
Spelling Bee Challenge - In this unique fill-in crossword, you'll need to place 32 difficult spelling bee words. How many of these words can you spell and/or define?
Step Up is a fun spelling bee team game. When all the team members spell correctly, the team moves ahead. It can be used with any set of spelling bee words and can be used with most grades.
Silent Spelling Bee Games It's a whole different game when students are working silently! We think you'll like this twist.
These word lists will help you prepare for your next spelling bee competition! Each spelling bee list contains 100 - 120 words, arranged generally from easiest to most difficult.